Well, I definitely need to make this about 350 times.
Roasted Sweet Potato & Chickpea Salad
- 2 small (or 1 large) organic sweet potatoes (~200 g), sliced into 1/2-inch rounds with skin on
- 1 15-ounce (425 g) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry (~1 1/4 cups drained)
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) grape seed or melted coconut oil, divided
- 2-3 Tbsp (14-21 g) Tandoori Masala Spice Blend*
- 1/8 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp (4 g) coconut sugar
- optional: 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 large bundle (12 stems) rainbow chard* or kale*, chopped, large stems removed
- optional: 2-3 Tbsp roasted lightly salted or unsalted pumpkin seeds[/list]
- 1/4 cup (56 g ) tahini
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1 small lemon, juiced (2 Tbsp, 30 ml)
- 1-2 Tbsp hot water to thin[/list]
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Add chickpeas to a small mixing bowl and toss with 1 Tbsp oil, tandoori masala spice blend, salt, coconut sugar, and turmeric (optional). Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, making sure they’re well-salted and thoroughly seasoned. Arrange on half of the prepared baking sheet.
- Add sweet potato rounds to the other half of the baking and drizzle with remaining 1 Tbsp oil – toss. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and arrange in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven to toss chickpeas and flip sweet potatoes to ensure even cooking. Return to oven and cook for 10-15 minutes more, or until sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown, and chickpeas are firm and crispy.
- In the meantime, add tahini, lemon juice and maple syrup to the mixing bowl you used earlier (for the chickpeas) and whisk to combine. Thin with hot water until pourable. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes and chickpeas are done roasting, let cool for a few minutes. To serve, divide chard or massaged* kale between serving dishes and top with sweet potatoes, chickpeas, and pumpkin seeds (optional). Serve with dressing on the side.
Best when fresh, though leftovers will keep covered separately for 2-3 days.